ELW Router with a extensive vehicle mounting kit, 4G/Lte, WLAN
- 4+1 Ethernet Ports, 2G, 3G, 4G/LTE, ADSL+/2+
- 10 freely configurable LEDs
- Fully implemented IPSec and OpenVPN
- Intelligent Firewall
- Perl Interpreter
- Intelligent Routing
- Connection Manager
ELW Router Functions and Characteristics
The ELW Router with wireless communication, WLAN and GPS
Due to its high manufacturing quality and flexibility the ELW Router with wireless communication, WLAN and GPS, is especially suitable for use in emergency and rescue environments. The router offers the emergency services a location independent, high-speed internet connection with extremely high reliability. It is important to mention here the Connection Manager – the intelligent backup management of the VPN router - and the use of two SIM cards (dual SIM support)
The ELW router is supplied with an extensive vehicle mounting kit, one high efficiency aerial for roof mounting including 2G/3G/4G, WiFi and GPS aerials. The kit also includes bracket, DIN rail klipp, cable, etc.
The TDT connection manager is the core of the router. Here all interfaces such as PPP and WAN connections as well as logical connections (e.g. IPSec) are controlled. The connection manager offers the possibility of a range of backup strategies.
The 2G/3G or also 4G (Lte = Long Term Evolution) radio connection is carried out via a multiband modem Lte/HSPA+/HSPA/HSUPA/UMTS/EDGE/GPRS.
Using LTE, the router has an even larger bandwidth. A detailed explanation about LTE can be found on our website under www.tdt.de/lte.
In addition the router can be operated on a land-line using an external DSL modem connected to the router via Ethernet. The connection manager offers the possibility of incorporating this connection into a backup scenario.
The wireless router easily integrated into a control centre or public authority intranet using the permanently connected VPN Tunnel and can be reached by employing a private IP address. In this case DynDNS is not necessary, but it can be established at any time.
The fully implemented IPSec or OpenVPN Standard guarantees the highest security during transmission of data. The authentication can be made either using deposited certificates or pre-shared keys. All modern encryption algorithms such as AES or 3DES with up to 256 bit key length are supported by the VPN router.
Terminal equipment can be connected using the WLAN n-Standard with 2,4 and 5 GHz, the integrated 4-Port-Switch or with the single Ethernet Port.
To render your network secure from attacks a configurable high security firewall with intrusion detection is available, which can be adapted using rules and scripts to your individual requirements.
The so-called Perl Scripting Interpreter offers the possibility for your own individual script implementation on the VPN router.
The integrated GPS allows the transmission of the exact geographical position of the router. The GPS data can be transmitted as an NMEA stream to a PC (e.g. to connect to Touratech QV).
For configuration a web interface with a user-friendly interface is provided (see the handbook). Hence, the VPN router can be locally or remotely configured. Experts can also configure the 2G/3G/4G VPN router using a CLI (command line interface), and it can even be accessed and send commands via text messages (e.g. Reset).
All Features at a Glance
- 500Mhz Processor (without fan)
- 256 MB RAM Working Memory
- 4 GB System Memory (Compact Flash, Dual Boot)
- 1 10/100 BaseT Ethernet Port (Wake on LAN, Power over Ethernet)
- 1 4-port 10/100 BaseT Ethernet Switch (DSL modules managed)
- 1 Power LED
- 2 LEDs for displaying status information (freely configurable)
- 2 USB 2.0 Ports (z.B. Backup, UPS administration via USB to Serial Adapter)
- 1 RS232 Interface Port (for monitoring and error diagnostic)
- Dual SIM (use of two SIM cards for backup scenarios)
- Real-time clock
- Network Time Protocol (NTP) Client/Relay/Server
- Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP) Client/Relay/Server
- Dynamic DNS (DynDNS) and secure DNS support
- Real-time Statistic and Log Function, Log Rotation, Syslog Client/Server
- FTP (Client/Server/Relay, e.g. for Webcams to buffer pictures)
- IP CAM Server and Transcoder (for video applications)
- IP Protocols such as e.g. IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, ARP, RARP, ICMP
- Routing Information Protocol (RIPv1 and RIPv2) and RIPng
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP, BGPv4+)
- Intermediate system to intermediate system (IS-IS)
- Multicast support
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Transparent Bridging
- Network Address Translation (NAT) Network Address Port Translation (NAPT)
- Point-to-Point Protocol over ATM (PPoA) (with DSL models)
- PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)
- PPPoE and PPPoA bridging (with DSL models)
- Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE)
- Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP)
- LTE 100 Mbps (DL) 50 Mbps (UL) at 20MHz, MIMO (Cat 3)
- HSDPA 42.2 Mbps (DL, Cat 20) MIMO / HSUPA 5.76 Mbps (UL, Cat 6)
- UMTS 384 Kbps (DL/UL)
- EDGE 236.8 Kbps (DL) / 118.4 Kbps (UL) multi-slot class 12
- GPRS 80 Kbps (DL) / 40 Kbps (UL) multi-slot class 10
- CSD (Circuit-switched data bearers) 64 kbps for GSM and UMTS
- LTE Frequency bands: 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz
- UMTS/HSPA+ Frequency bands: 900/2100MHz
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE Frequency bands: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- SMS transmission
- GPS position determination
- 2.4 and 5 GHz IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n standard (up to 300 Mbp/s)
- Access Point Modus / Ad-Hoc Modus / Client Modus
- Safety Features: WiFi Protected Access Support (WPA, WPA2, WPA-ENT), WEP, AES, TKIP, MAC Address Filter
- Quality of Service (QoS) support (802.11e draft)
- Dynamic Frequency Selection / Transmit Power Control (DFS/TPC)
- 1 Roof aerial with 5 integrated antennas and 5 meter connecting cables:
- 2 Radio network antenna (2G/3G/4G)
- 2 WLAN antenna
- 1 GPS antenna
- Network cable (RJ45 patch cable)
- 12V power cable, length 5 meters
- DIN rail clip
- Dimensions: 187x42x157mm (WxHxD, without aerials)
- Weight: ca. 1000g
- Operating temperature: -5°C (optional -25°C) - +60°C
- Humidity: 85% (non condensing)
- External power supply: 7-18V DC
- Power consumption: 12V / 1,8A
- Robust metal housing, optionally with tophat rail clip
- 2x 3G+/4G aerial connection: SMA socket
- 2x WLAN aerial connections: RP-SMA socket
- 1x GPS aerial connection: SMA socket (optional)
- CE conformity and vibration tested